Sunday, July 28, 2013

There's an organizer trapped in my body who needs to get out!

I have longed to open up a business on the side to help people organize their stuff: closets, drawers, cabinets. On the cheap, too. I have so many ideas in my head. I thought this would be a good way to share them with people. And besides, I need to keep my day job. I look forward to comments and thoughts from you. That is, if anyone reads this.

OK. Here's my first one. It's not so much aimed at organization as it is aimed at enabling you to drink coffee while you organize.

To keep your single-cup brewer alive and your constant companion for as long as possible, use a Brita pitcher. I live in an area with really hard water. I keep my brewer on my kitchen counter, like everyone else (except it's on a slide-out platform so I can get to the top of it easily). Right next to it I maintain a Brita pitcher of water (also black, so it looks like a set) and use only the filtered water in the brewer.


A few other quick hints:

  • Remove the K-Cup right after you brew. It makes the brewer gunky if it sits too long.
  • Never turn the brewer off it is making any sound at all. Wait till it's all done.
  • And never let the water get too low. If the pump gets dry (insufficient water), your brewer can be toast.

OK. That's it for now. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment